Friday, May 17, 2013

Blogger’s Quilt Festival ~ May 2013 ~ Wall Hanging entry


Welcome if you're jumping over from Amy's Creative Side for the fantastic
Blogger's Quilt Festival.

As an intro ...
I'm Shanna {like Banana}.
You can find me on the many Internet venues through my buttons just to the left.
<----------------

Please look around, I would love to have you visit me again.

I'm so excited to participate in the Blogger's Quilt Festival again.


Modern She Made 3 - Sent
Here is my entry into the Wall Hanging

I made this for the Modern She Made 3 swap.

I knew that I could do this as a challenge as it included stars
{I love stars & triangles of all sorts!}
This is for a secret partner, Lee from May Chappell


Modern She Made 3 - Sent

Quilt Stats:
Name: Rainbows in Gray
Size: approx. 21" x 21"
Fabrics:  Stash fabrics + Kona grays
Binding: Amy Butler - Cameo - Forget Me Not in Midnight 
Pattern:  My own design scaled down version of fireflies tutorial from Sew Bittersweet Designs
Quilting: Machine quilted by me on my Pfaff Performance 2058
Started : April 2013
Completed: May 2013 

It was fun to post some status on Instagram

Modern She Made 3 - Sent ~ Binding


I also added a star for the back.  I used a the wonky star tutorial I posted here.


Modern She Made 3 - Sent ~ Back


~~~
When I started my blog I was super excited to share my very first quilt during this festival.  I was so proud. 
This is my first time to participate since 2010.

I've been lacking in my finishes.

To remedy this Melissa from Sew BitterSweet Designs and I have been running a monthly goal {with sponsors} called 'A Lovely Year of Finishes'  we would love to have your join us.  It's been fantastic to see finishes - even some of my own.

Please go check out the other amazing quilts with this springs Bloggers Quilt Festival.

AmysCreativeSide.com


Thanks for visiting




11 comments:

  1. Love the fabrics you chose for this :o)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh, that's cute! Love your quilting choice.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh gorgeous! I love the use of colours, but how it's not "in your face" rainbow! The quilting really sets it off.

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a gorgeous use of black and gray and white and color!!!! I love this quilt! And look forward to seeing more "Lovely Finishes" !!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Cool design and great colour choices! Good luck with your finishes, I may just join in!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love this one. I like the neutral value changes, the texture and the use of color, the fabric patten and the patten itself :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. It is just stunning! The quilting is amazing and so are your fabrics! I think this is the first time I've seen the back! I love it :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. this is really beautiful! i've been loving triangles and dark dramatic colors next to brights.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Wow!Very Beautiful it is. I like this kind of wall hanging!

    ReplyDelete

I {love} comments. . .
Don't worry if you're comment doesn't show up - I approve all comments before they are published {it forces me to read them}