Friday, February 17, 2012

This time last month

I'm feeling behind this month.  My 7 bee's are still going, yes some are ending soon.

Sad that one gal didn't want us to sew for her this month. One queen bee is asking for a free-style block. Even with the below finishes, a lack of sun around these parts and life just hitting at once has make it where I'm a bit of the white rabbit.

I'm late . .  I'm late. . .

It's not getting me down per say, I'm just gonna wait for fabric love to hit and enjoy getting these creative blocks out the door.

Here are a few that I have made a few to-date for February.

Here's blocks for one (of two) Queen Bee's in  my Red and Aqua group.

Aqua and Red - February
This one is for tangled_threads . . . it's going to be a lovely quilt!

For the{Sew Bee It} group.
{Sew Bee It} - Block 1 - Feb 12

monkeysx2 requested confetti blocks.  These were rocking to make! 

{Sew Bee It} - Block 2 - Feb 12

I love the background color, I happen to be using it in one of MY projects. And the snippets of color are something else.  I wish I would have added more empty space (I actually thought I was!). I love these blocks. I could envision a huge quilt from large snippets.  I'm not sure if I could handle making tons of blocks for a whole thing. . . wait maybe that's why we are in bee's ;)

I also finished my blocks for Orange you Glad.  The queen bee miniaturequilter asked us to make pumpkin blocks.  A few photos and some fabric . . here's what I made.  I'm pretty happy with the stem. 

Orange you Glad - Feb 12


The blocks I haven't gotten to yet include a flying geese block, a tree block, and a few spiderweb blocks.
I'm pretty sure I can knock these out during my Quilt Day with Jo and Becky this weekend.


 

4 comments:

  1. Not to worry old girl, the bug will bite, it always does. Your pumpkin is awesome and those confetti blocks were fun and easy. I thought the same thing, that I would end up with more space. Spring is around the corner, it always follows winter, without fail. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great job on all of them, but particularly love the confetti ones. Still plenty of time to go in the month :o)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I am in awe of all that you get done! You may feel behind but I am super-impressed!

    ReplyDelete
  4. You have gotten a lot done! I love the look of your red & aqua block - you are right, that is going to be a gorgeous quilt!

    ReplyDelete

I {love} comments. . .
Don't worry if you're comment doesn't show up - I approve all comments before they are published {it forces me to read them}