Thursday, December 30, 2010

Scraps from my mother





J wanted to make this for her first square she's EVER sewn on a sewing machine. Oh you should have seen how nervous I was when she a was sitting at my Bernina for the first time. It just makes me a bit freaked out writing about it.

When we went to go see my mother this past summer, J got lots of scraps. Oh how joyous she is building up her own stash. Yet I have to admit that I love my stash a lot more than she does. What can you expect from an 11-year old.

Not only did J want to sew but she wanted me to alter a square from the quilt book, Jelly Roll Quilts (which my wonderful mother gave me). So I altered a square from the Floral Bouquet quilt. At least I know that my math skills are still up to par. 

It's a lovely square that reminds me of my mother.
Posted by Picasa

No comments:

Post a Comment

I {love} comments. . .
Don't worry if you're comment doesn't show up - I approve all comments before they are published {it forces me to read them}