Friday, December 31, 2010

Disappearing 9 patch top

 I started this quilt top when a girlfriend came over for a quilting weekend. I saw this tutorial from Cluck Cluck Sew. I'm sure this was referenced on another site but I'm not sure where. 



This was difficult to 'randomize'.  I feel like nothing is random in life. . so putting this together defiantly pushed my comfort zone.  I see two mistakes but they are perfectly fine.

I pinned this top a LOT more than I usually do.  I think it looks lovely.


 All these yummy fabrics make me happy. 

Seeing these fabrics in action, I had to go purchase more of the orange called "Spring Floral" by M Liss; dark blue background and light blue dots called "Dots" by Sandy Gervais for Moda; and my favorite "Flower fields" in lake from the Modern Meadow collection by Joel Dewberry.  

This is the first quilt I want to stipple finish within the new year.


Posted by Picasa

2 comments:

  1. Lovely!! This is one of my favorite quilt blocks!! :) Happy New Year!

    ReplyDelete
  2. BEAUTIFUL Shanna! LOVE IT! You are a quilting MACHINE woman!

    ReplyDelete

I {love} comments. . .
Don't worry if you're comment doesn't show up - I approve all comments before they are published {it forces me to read them}